Pandemic Training Diary Week 3 Day 1 Day 1 of Week 3 started out badly. I did finally get some sleep but woke up in more pain and more exhausted. Sleep hangover. When you go a long time without decent sleep a night of sleep actually makes you feel worse because your body has just started healing. Still, I’m determined not to fall off of my training schedule, no matter how hard it gets. Sometimes that’s all you have. As a fighter we referred to this as biting down on your mouthpiece. You might not win the fight and your only victory may be in not giving up, and that has to be enough. So I started out with the beginning of a full 36 Hour Fast. Followed that with Shadowboxing. (See my past post at: https://www.facebook.com/HITTScarborough for a description of this exercise). I started out each technique, movement and combination in super slow motion so that my body, especially my lower back could get properly warmed up before accelerating the movement. The pain and exhaustion d...
Comments
Post a Comment