JULES’ TRAINING & DIET DIARY STRENGTH AND STABILITY PHASE WEEK 7 MAR 18 – 20


“...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
 Socrates




SUNDAY MAR 18: The Shingles pain is still very bad, but not quite as bad as last week. Managing by piggybacking Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen, so that I can at least focus and not scream in public. Still pretty exhausted from pain and lack of sleep. I started the day with Smudge, Seated Series Hatha Yoga and Meditation. Followed that with Slow Motion Kickwork. This is a useful tool for improving technique and balance while not putting the body at too much risk or under too much stress. It is is exactly as it sounds. You practice your kicks in extreme slow motion, focusing on strict technique and control. It’s also a hell of a lot more difficult to do than it sounds. Dog Run to Townson Fitness. (Still 4 Brief jogs- very low intensity. Just enough to start getting my cardio back) MMA Class was a little disorganized and unorthodox. Maybe not perfect. But, considering that Jennifer and I are both still struggling, pretty decent I think. I took advantage to the alone time following that to turn out the lights and perform more Iaijutsu practice. The focus here was on breath, flow and feel. We would often be made to do our sword practice blindfolded in order to reduce dependence on sight. Practicing in the dark is one more way to bring the sensory focus onto the body and sword. Increased the intensity and speed a bit this time around. Mae(Front), Migi (Cutting to the Right) and Hidari(Cutting to the Left)I find these practices in the dark very calming and very centering. At it’s best you are completely in the moment. There is no yesterday and no today. There is only this moment, and this movement. Big meal, but stopped by 9 pm. Walked Momo with Cutting Practice. Meditation. Kneeling Iaijutsu draws with focus on breath and flow to finish out the day. I know this seems like a lot of activity after so much time off. But for me, this was moderately active day. A pretty good day for me, with pretty positive behavior and results.
TUESDAY MAR 20: Felt like I slept, but woke up feeling very groggy and out of it. Struggled with my ability to focus and coming and going all day long. Not sure why. Smudge. Standing Series Yoga and Mediate. Bodyweight Core & Hip Work. Dog jog to Townson Fitness. A few trainees. Trained myself: Stability Focused Full Body/ Core Workout (Still something felt off. I’m usually intensely self motivated. Not like me to not want to work out or to malinger. Bad had a hard time making myself do the work. More than a bit nervous because it was this time last week that I got hit by that sudden new Shingles pain attack. Still, got in the workout. Determined to get back into some kind of regular schedule, make some order out of the chaos) One more trainee and then went home. Didn’t even walk Momo. Had no energy and felt so out of it. Home. Healthy meals. Stopped eating by 10 pm. Old movies to wind down.

#fitness #nutrition #fitnesstips #mma #boxing #hittscarborough #townsonfitness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

faller Chapter 5 Dianne

faller - the whole thing so far...

faller Chapter 7 Suckers