JULES’ TRAINING & DIET DIARY ENDURANCE & METABOLISM RAMPING PHASE WEEK 3 MAY 27 – 29


JULES’ TRAINING & DIET DIARY
ENDURANCE & METABOLISM RAMPING PHASE WEEK 3 MAY 27 – 29
“If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.”
Maya Angelou



SUNDAY MAY 27: Got virtually no sleep, again, because I’m a side sleeper and a toss and turner, and every time I moved the shoulder pain would startle be back awake. Started the day out with a Smudge, Meditation and Seated Yoga Series out in the beautiful if very humid Toronto sunshine. Began full Fast Saturday at 7 pm. Continued it today. Met Ramp Workout in the yard to get my heart rate and metabolism up. This is a cross between Tabata and Cross Training in that it involves 4 exercises done back to back without rest. Some are to get my heart rate up, some are lower rep strength exercises and others are high rep muscle endurance exercises: 2 Sets Each of Sprints(To get heart rate up), with Hanging Scapular Rotations for Strength 6-8 Reps, Bar Push Ups, 20 reps for Muscular Strength and Endurance, with Pistol Squats- 20 reps each Leg for Stability, Strength and Muscular Endurance/ Side Crossover Sprints, with Negative Only Chins -4-6 Reps(Still can’t do full chins, especially not with my shoulder), with Bar Push Ups x 20 Reps, with Side Kick Squats. Shadow box & Kick Series. Included Urquidez style centre line based kicks, Wallace Style Karate Kicks, Crescent Kicks and Thai Style Round Kicks. Extended Stretch and Yoga. Dog Run to Townson Fitness. Worked with a few people. Mostly on Stretching, Rehab and Meditation and then on Boxing. Home. Broke Fast at 7. Stopped by 8 pm. At this point, despite my doubts and reservations about Periodic Fasting, I am using it as a way of cleansing the crap from my body and establishing some discipline over my diet. While I do believe that Periodic Fasting can help with Type 2 Diabetes, I doubt very much its efficacy as a way of losing weight or improving overall health. I think too often it just leads to binging on the worst foods, high sugar and starchy food mostly because the brain craves these as fuel. It can also lead to stress fat storage because the body sees starvation as stress. So, proceed with caution if you do decide to use this. Continued a course of icing and anti-inflammatories for my shoulder. Was able to sleep some, though woke frequently with pain.  
MONDAY MAY 28: Not much sleep. Again. Being over 50 can suck sometimes. Started the day outdoors in the beautiful but very hot Toronto sunshine yet again, with a Smudge. Followed with a Bodyweight Endurance and Met Ramp Suspension based based Workout, similar principle to yesterday’s workout- 2 Giant Sets each of: Skipping, with Hanging Scapular Rotations, with Push Ups Suspension Pistol Squats/ Skipping, with Negative Only Pull Ups with Suspension Push Ups and 1 Leg Sidekick Suspension Squats/ Rebound Sprints, with Suspension Rows, with Suspension Flys with Pistol Squats with one leg in stirrup of Suspension Strap/ Rebound footwork Change Ups, with Hanging V Suspension Straight Arm Pullovers, with Straight Arm Suspension Front Pullovers, with 1 Leg Side in Stirrups Squat. Lying Series Yoga, Extended Stretch and Meditation. Quick healthy meal. Medium Long Walk and Shop. Sweated just walking. And then healthy meals. Healthy meals with 3 servings of fresh veggies. Stopped by 8 pm. Walked Momo. Practiced some cuts with a lighter stick, with greater focus on Footwork, but limited by shoulder. Icing and old Movie to wind down and take my mind off of the pain.
TUESDAY MAY 29: Woke up early. Think I got a good night’s sleep for once. Maybe because I did sleep, or maybe because I didn’t sleep as well as I thought, struggled at times today to think clearly. Felt at times like I was sleep walking. Screwed up my schedule and stood one of my trainees up, which I never do. Did mean I had some time to work out, hopefully to give my body and brain some stimulus to wake up. Started the day Outdoors in the beautiful sunshine. Not as crazy hot. That helped. Smudge, Meditate, Seated Series Hatha Yoga and Bodyweight HIIT Torque and Twist Circuit: 2 Giant Sets Each of: Twist Board High Rep Twists with Sprints, with Hanging Scapular Rotations with Twist Board Plank Position Upper Body Twists (Very shallow. Limited range with shoulder.), with Low Squat Position Twist Board Twists/ Twist Board Footwork Change Ups with Contracted Position Pull Up Static Holds with Twist Board Low Push Up Twists, with Low Double Leg Twist Board Footwork Shot Twists/ Knee Jumps with Sprawls(20 Reps), with Band Shot Position 1 Arm Pulls with Band Shot Position 1 Arm Push with Double Arm Band Extended Twists./ Lying Series Yoga. Extended Stretching. Meditate. Healthy meals. Stopped by 8 pm. (So far I have managed to avoid late night snacking altogether. So I can no longer blame the meds for my bad habits, and I know that I can in fact still exercise my willpower.) Walked Momo and practiced Iaijutsu cutting with a heavy stick. Iced shoulder and watched old Marx Bothers movie to wind down.



https://www.facebook.com/HITTScarborough/
#fitness #nutrition #fitnesstips #mma #boxing #hittscarborough #townsonfitness #health #healthandfitness #diet #scarborough #mayaangelou #boxing #japanesesword #japanesemartialarts #martialarts #boxing #grappling #wrestling #fatburning #fatburningworkouts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

faller Chapter 5 Dianne

faller - the whole thing so far...

faller Chapter 7 Suckers