Lamentation

And a poem that I'm working on...
(Just in case you have the time and we run out of things to talk about in this week's group. Like that ever happens...)


Lamentation


There is something leaking
Inside of me.
Not blood or acid or any manner of earthly liquor.
No.
Not that.
Not those things.
Yet something is leaking.
Something is bleeding inside of me.
What is it?
What is this thing?
This seeping thing?
So much is stored away.
So many things that time and memory have stowed.
Rusty, dusty, long forgotten.
Rotting, dissolving in the dank dark of me.
Something.
Some sodden dripping thing.
Has burst it's seal
And now
Now.
It oozes out.
There is no time to stop and seek the leak.
No time to find the Carpenter.
But I can feel it.
This draining.
This slow and certain seep.
I can taste it.
I can smell it.
I can feel it.
It dilutes me.
It molds
Inside me.
Some leaking thing.
Down in the deep.
Down in darkness.
By all my shadows cloaked
It leaks.
I leak.
And soon.
Too soon.
Everything in me
Might just
Float away.




#writing #writers #poem #poetry #poems #scarboroughwritersfightclub #cliffsidevillagebooks #writinggroup #writinggroups #julesdelorme #julesfdelorme #delormewriting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a rose by many other names

Why People Got Disease

faller Chapter 7 Suckers