some stubborn flame

some stubborn flame


i have struggled such
that darkness often overtakes
but i am not owned by the darkness
though the light was beaten from my many places
still some stubborn flame burns within me
though i have fallen deep and often
been bruised and bloodied by the fight
there is more to me than suffering
some defiant love of living
lifts me up from where i fall
i have struggled much
and often lost my way
thought that light might never find me
but my struggle does not define me
nor my pain nor that which i have lost
i am so much more than the scars that line me
or my darkness or my plight
i am large
i am resolute
i am the spark
not just my darkest night





#writing #writer #writers #poetry #poem #poems #poet #JulesDelorme #JulesFDelorme #delormewriting #ScarboroughWritersFightClub #blind #native #indigenous #indigenousstory #indegenousstories #indigenousstorytelling #depression #livingwithdepression #mentalhealth #anxiety #somestubbornflame

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

faller Chapter 5 Dianne

faller - the whole thing so far...

faller Chapter 7 Suckers