conversation with robin

conversation with robin by jules f. delorme robin, tsiskó:ko, stopped to speak to me today. -i am just a little tsiskó:ko. i am just a little robin. – she said to me –perhaps you have a worm for me. -i do not. – i said to her –i am sorry robin. i am truly sorry tsiskó:ko. but i do not have a worm for you. -perhaps during your smudging you spotted a worm or a nice spider. – tsiskó:ko said to me. -i am so sorry robin but i do not. you have such a pretty song. i would catch a worm or a spider for you if i saw one. but i was praying to sky woman and i was looking up at her. i am truly sorry. robin stood there looking at me and i sat there looking at her. -i am here everyday. - tsiskó:ko said to me –i hop around your lawn and i see you and you see me. sometimes i get chased by your cat, your takó's. your dog does not chase me, your é:rhar does not chase me. i like your é:rhar. i do not like your takó's. -i am very sorry about the takó's. he is not my takó's. he is a crazy cat. – i said to robin -yes. he is crazy and he is mean. he chases us robins all the time. -i am sorry for that. i am truly sorry. but he is a cat and he does what cats do. -yes. –robin said to me –he is a cat a i am a bird. but i do not like your takó's at all. robin stood there looking at me and i sat there looking at her. -but i see you every day and you are always looking up at sky woman. you are always praying to sky woman. and you pray to all the winds. every day you pray to all the winds as well. but you do not pray enough to the earth, to a'nowara, to turtle, who carries you on her back. you do not seem to love the earth the way that you love the sky and the winds. i sat there on the grass and i thought about what tsiskó:ko said. -i did not think of this, robin. – i said to robin –i have never thought of this. i have always loved the earth. i have always loved a'nowara for carrying me and all of life. but when i pray and when i smudge it seems that i always pray to sky woman and to the four winds. i do not know why. -does sky woman or do the winds carry you on their back in the way that a'nowara does? - tsiskó:ko asked me -do they carry all of life on earth so that you do not fall down forever and ever? -no. i said to robin –no. she does not. -i fly with sky woman every single day. - tsiskó:ko said –i fly with her and on the winds. i love sky woman and i love the four winds. -i cannot fly. – i said –but i love them very much. -but it is earth, it is turtle, it is a'nowara, who shares her worms and he spiders and her beetles with me. - tsiskó:ko said to me –it is earth that i walk upon and hop upon and who feeds me every single day. i sat and i thought about this. robin was right of course. a'nowara carries us every day and feeds us and gives us a place to sit and to sleep. -i do not say to stop praying the sky woman. - tsiskó:ko said to me –but i think that you should pray to earth, to a'nowara as well. to thank her for carrying you on her back and feeding you and giving you a place to sit and to sleep. -you are right of course, robin. i should pray to a'nowara as well as to sky woman and to the winds when i smudge. -do not forget to pray to sky woman or the winds as well. - tsiskó:ko said -they bring us rain and sunshine and many things. the rain helps me catch many worms and the sunshine is very nice on my back. but pray to earth, pray to a'nowara as well. -i will do this. – i said to robin -i will do this from now on tsiskó:ko. thank you. i had not thought you so wise but you are and i thank you for making me see. -you are welcome. –robin said to me –and now i must get back to searching for worms or a nice juicy spider. i bowed to tsiskó:ko and she went back to her hunting. and then she stopped for a moment and looked back at me. -and maybe next time. –robin said to me –maybe next time that you are sitting in the grass and praying you will pray to the earth, you will pray to a'nowara, and you will spot a worm or a beetle or a nice juicy spider for me. and with that tsiskó:ko went back to hunting and i went back to my smudging. and if i spot a worm or a beetle or a spider then i will save it for robin. that doesn’t seem to be too much to ask. https://www.facebook.com/delormewriting #writing #writer #writers #poetry #poem #poems #poet #JulesDelorme #JulesFDelorme #delormewriting #ScarboroughWritersFightClub #blind #native #indigenous #indigenousstory #indegenousstories #indigenousstorytelling #mohawk #Kanienkeha #conversationwithrobin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

faller Chapter 5 Dianne

faller - the whole thing so far...

faller Chapter 7 Suckers